TS2R Wireless News from Wireless and Mobile News:
Full news stories today include Black Friday HP TouchPad bundle deals, free AT&T superphone with Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Casio G'zOne Rave 2 release, Xperia Android 4.o updates and Toshiba Thrive update to Honeycomb.
Here's the news that is too short to report:
- Sprint announced that it will be the first wireless network operator in the U.S. to provide Wireless Emergency Alerts with critical and reliable communication services to consumers during crisis situations . Wireless Emergency Alerts allow the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to accept and deliver warning messages to wireless networks from the president of the United States, the National Weather Service and state and local emergency operations centers.
- Android OS accounted for 52.5 percent of smartphone sales to end users in the third quarter of 2011 (, more than doubling its market share from the third quarter of 2010 reported Gartner.
- AT&T Platform as a Service (PaaS) allows any business professional to build, develop and deploy cloud-based business apps without the need for complex coding expertise, while also providing a robust platform for true developers.
- The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) today announced that Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi Direct has been incorporated into its Interoperability Guidelines.
- Glympse, the company behind the pioneering location sharing app of the same name, today announced it has been downloaded one million times on the Android platform. Glympse is also available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Phone . The company claims 400% growth in one year.