Shazam has been integrated into the Super Bowl experience – including the ads, the game itself and the halftime show. If you stay logged into Shazam while watching the big game you could win a car, $50 Best Buy mobile gift card or more.
People who use Shazam for the Super Bowl “second-screen” will get valuable discount offers, free downloads, enter sweepstakes, vote on their favorite ads, participate in game polls, buy music, share their experiences on Facebook and Twitter, and support leading charities.
Shazam-enabled ads include:
- Toyota – the ad will include a sweepstake to win two Camrys – one for you and one for a friend.
- Best Buy – Best Buy's spot will feature two of Shazam's founders. Additionally, Best Buy is running a $50 gift card offer for consumers looking to buy and activate a mobile phone in 2012 when they tag the ad.
- Cars.com – when viewers use Shazam to tag the ad, Cars.com will donate $1.00 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum $100,000.
- Pepsi – the new ad that features the winner of the X-FACTOR – Melanie Amaro performing Otis Redding’s song “Respect” - will invite people to unlock a free video.
- Teleflora – viewers who tag Teleflora’s “Give” ad starring super model Adriana Lima will receive a secret offer.
- Plus, a number of other commercials including GE, Relativity’s new Navy Seals action-thriller, “Act of Valor” and Disney’s upcoming movie “John Carter" will be Shazam-enabled providing great offers and more.
Through a partnership with Bud Light, this year’s Bridgestone Super Bowl Halftime show will be Shazam-enabled. When people use Shazam to tag the performance, they can unlock exclusive content and experience more by the Interscope artists performing.
Almost half of the Super Bowl TV advertisers will be Shazam-enabled with several Fortune 100 brands choosing Shazam to add interactivity to their ads or sponsor key game elements.
Whether people are fans of the Patriots or the Giants, Shazam has made it easy for them to get more involved in the Super Bowl. When viewers use Shazam during the game, they can:
- Access up-to-the-minute statistics to keep track of all the key plays and players;
- Participate in polls about the game and ads with other fans;
- Share their experience with their friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Conveniently purchase merchandise including hats to jerseys and much more from Shazam’s mobile store.
People who already have Shazam on their phones should ensure they have downloaded the latest version of the app for their smartphone or tablet to have an optimum experience while watching the game. Shazam apps are available for most smarpthones.