While the HTC Vivid is getting its taste of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, AT&T smartphone owners with newer model smartphones and tablet releases will also be able to get updates in the future.
AT&T devices that will be update are.
- Samsung Captivate Glide - is geared for business with enterprise features and a keyboard.
- Samsung Galaxy Note - noted for love, super models and FCUisodes.
- Samsung Galaxy S II - the winner of the best smartphones of 2011.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket has the added advantage of 4G LTE
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 - an entertainment powerhouse tablet.
- LG Nitro - the smartphone that loves us too, it has a 4.5-inch True HD AH-IPS touchscreen(1280 x 720 pixels), dual-core 1.5GHz processor and come with HD games. When it was released it was selling for $249.99 and now Amazon Wireless is selling it for $79.99 for news and renews with a contract.
- Motorola ATRIX 2 - you have a choice of many docks and accessories to turn it into a laptop or media presenter.
- Motorola ATRIX 4G - this smartphone won many awards when it was released.
- Pantech Burst - dual smartphone and partner to the water proof Element.
- Pantech Element- waterproof tablet that came with a packaged deal.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich adds some features such as Android Beam, Face Unlock, a new UI and improved camera (see all features and video). It combines Android 3.2 Honeycomb features and updates other features.
Most new updates from Android are not over-the-air but via the kies mini app for Samsung Galaxy smartphones, or via Wi-Fi or PC like the recent HTC Vivid update.