Although, HTC's latest HTC One products are delayed at customs, HTC is currently pushing out updates to android 4.03 ICS for the HTC Sensation 4G and the HTC Amaze, today May 16.
The updates do not contain updates to HTC Sense 4.0 but do contain the core of Android 4.03 Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 3.6 for the HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Amaze.
Version for the HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Amaze is Android 4.0.3. The update must be downloaded from HTC. Be sure that your battery is at least 50% charged, has Android 2.3.3 installed and that it is not rooted. It is always a good idea to back up your data before starting any update.
The update is large and could take over 20 minutes to download over a GSM network, Wi-Fi is recommended. Tap the Menu Key, tap Settings, tap About phone, tap HTC software updates, tap check and follow prompts.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Sense 3.6.
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking.
- Improved menu structure.
Recently Samsung announced that the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be updated to Android Ice Cream Sandwich. T-Mobile has been fairly fast in updating its android smart phones, starting with the Samsung Galaxy Vibrant in January 2011.