The LG Spectrum is getting a glitch-fix update before its anticipated Android 4.0 ICS update. The LG Spectrum is the only LG product from Verizon Wireless that will be updated to Android 4.0 which Verizon announced in March.
The update that is still listed of coming soon at Verizon support is 127MB and includes Android 2.3.6 as well as improvements. The best features include pinch/zoom in camera preview, more secure password and many Verizon apps have been updated.
It will take you approximately 10-14 minutes to download the software, depending on network conditions. Installation will take 8 to 10 more minutes. you will not be able to make or receive phone calls during the update. It is always a good idea to backup your data and have your battery at least 50% charged before the update.
LG Spectrum Update VS920V6
- Device Features
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
- Web Browsing & Email
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
- Applications & Widgets
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v18.104.22.168) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience when syncing email.
- Updated Apps:
- NFL v4.0
- VZ Navigator (v22.214.171.124)
- Amazon Kindle (v126.96.36.199)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)