We received notification from Verizon Wireless spokesman Albert Aydin that "Verizon Wireless will soon push a software update to the 4G LTE powered Galaxy Nexus by Samsung."
Generally, Verizon Wireless updates start very slowly on Wednesday and Thursday and then get pushed out in full force over the weekend. Some lucky Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners have already received the OTA (Over-the-Air) update to Android 4.04 with some minor changes, screen freeze improvements and glitch fixes.
The update offers multitasking improvements. Switching from one app or task to another is now smoother and faster. Screen-rotation has been enhanced, and there will be less lag during orientation changes. The camera app is also improved and now works better.
The update will take 3-5 minutes to download and 1-5 minutes to install. If you are roaming, you can download the update by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. You will not be able to make emergency phone calls during the update. It is always a good idea to back up your data before making any changes on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Here are the changes listed on the Verizon Wireless website for the update.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.