TS2R Wireless News from Wireless and Mobile News:
It has been a slow week with most of the world on vacation and many marketers waiting for fall launches therefore, here's the news for the week that is "Too Short to Report"
- Motorola reduced staff and will have press event on September 5.
- There was a new iPhone security vulnerability found.
- When AT&T launches its shared data plans, FaceTime over cellular will be free of charge, customers not on the mobile share plan will be blocked from cellular use and may only use Wi-Fi.
- Mobile apps have appeared that unlock the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 bootloader, for now.
- An other company may be a front for FCC documents that were filed for the next Kindle Fire (FCC (YJM-0725).
- The next generation of BlackBerry running BlackBerry 10 touchscreens will be 1280x720 pixels and keyboard models will have 720x720 pixel resolution.
- The 2012 Republican National Convention launched a mobile app.