TS2R Wireless News from Wireless and Mobile News:
Here's the news for the week that is "Too Short to Report"
- COWS are moo-ving for debate - AT&T is enhancing its mobile Internet network for the 10/22 Lynn University presidental debate in Boca Raton. A Cell on Wheels, or COW, has been rolled in and an antenna system installed to boost mobile Internet coverage and capacity on the campus.
- 4G LTE Coverage is mostly spotty on Sprint according to Advanced Frequency Engineering (AFE). Observed coverage at the dates indicated in the cities tested was far less than reported. These percentages reflect 4G LTE availability in the regions tested, as observed in the Sprint-advertised coverage areas, immediately .accessible by the handset without power-cycling.
Fort Worth (mid-August)
Kansas City (mid-August)
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions on Monday (Oct. 1) unveiled a comprehensive cloud and data center infrastructure portfolio specifically designed to help the health care industry meet the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements for safeguarding electronic protected health information.
- Freedom Pop announced its beta release of guaranteed minimum of 500MB of 4G wireless Internet service every month, anywhere Clearwire's 4G coverage is available. FreedomPop users have the ability to earn up to 1GB of data each month by adding friends to their network, or earn unlimited data each month by engaging in partner promotions. The service will require a special case for the iPod or iPhone.
- ANADIGICS announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its ALT6181 multimode multiband power amplifier (MMPA) to Samsung Electronics for the new Galaxy Express smartphone available soon through AT&T.