iPhone 5 Electrocuted Woman for Answering Call?

A Chinese woman was reportedly killed from an electric shock when she answered a call on her iPhone while it was charging.

On Thursday, a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, Ma Ailum 23, answered  call on a charging iPhone and was electrocuted, reported Xinhua news agency.

maailum"We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter," an Apple spokesperson said.

Ailum bought the iPhone in December and was using the original charger to charge it. Police filed police reports. Another iPhone in China smoldering.

In iPhone forums there have been reports that answering while charging has given users a tingling sensation.

The problem may have come from not from the iPhone but a charging source or the wire if it was damaged.

An electric shock can go through house wiring. When lightning struck near our office, it shorted out a keyboard, motherboard and scanner.

Apple may not take responsibility for the matter.  Electricity could be conducted through many methods, including water.