Although not KitKat, yet, Sprint is pushing out an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to the HTC One. Last month the unlocked HTC One, Developer Editor and Canadian HTC One were updated.
Sprint forum member have noted some Wi-Fi issues after the update. Other forum members are waiting a few days to be sure that the update works properly before installing, Remember that you should have you phone at least 35% charged and you will not be able to make or receive calls during the update.The update HTC One Software Update - 3.04.651.2 contains the following:
- Fixes issue where Swype does not automatically enter spaces in Exchange email.
- Application Updates: Sprint Zone, Visual Voicemail.
- HTC Sense stability improvements.
- Updating OS from 4.1.2 to 4.3 (Minor update) with Bluetooth LE support, Open ES 3.) and Daydream.
Sprint warns that updates may be released in stages; if you do not see the update on your phone immediately, please be patient.
If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update.
- Connect the device to a charger.
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 35%.
- If available, connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G LTE to speed up the update download process.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!