Disney's iParenting.com has awarded SMobile Systems its "2009
Outstanding Product" award for its Security Shield Parental Controls
software, which is designed to protect children from the growing
dangers of online predators, sexting (sending sexual texts or picture
messages), cyber bullying, spyware and device loss and theft.
The super parenting app, SMobile Parental Controls enables parents to:
- View pictures taken by the device camera and sent or received via text or e-mail.
- View the content of all text and e-mail messages.
- Automatically receive alerts when keywords are sent or received.
- View the child's contact and address book.
- List all applications installed on the device.
- Display the location of the child and device in an online map (GPS)
"Thanks to SMobile's Parental Controls software, parents
now have the ability to prevent potentially dangerous situations from
occurring or escalating," said Neil Book, president of SMobile Systems.
"Our software's unique ability to allow parents to monitor the actual
content of their child's SMS messages and view pictures taken, while
also protecting the device against spyware and viruses, provides
parents with unprecedented security for their children."
This service may be more cost effective than parental control services from the carriers. AT&T's Smart Limits is $4.99 a month while T-Mobile's Family Allowance is $2.00 a month. MobiCIP for iPhones costs $4.99 and $9.99 a year.