The new LinkedIn application features native integration with the BlackBerry - which allows professionals to use LinkedIn within their BlackBerry's existing email, calendar and contacts applications.
Key functionality includes:
- Search: Prepare for any meeting by quickly accessing LinkedIn profiles.
- Messages: Enables users to manage their LinkedIn inboxes on the go.
- Network Updates: Stay connected to the professional conversation.
- Connections: Make new connections away from the computer.
- Invitations: Send invites to new connections to build professional networks.
- Reconnections: Users receive recommendations of who they may want to add to their professional networks.
The LinkedIn application for BlackBerry smartphones is free and available immediately for members to download on their BlackBerry Tour, BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones. The application operates on devices running BlackBerry OS 4.3 or later. Full integration of the LinkedIn application with native BlackBerry applications requires BlackBerry OS 4.6 or later.
The application is available globally in English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, and Chinese languages.LinkedIn for BlackBerry is available at www.linkedin.com/blackberry and on BlackBerry App World.