Millennial Media launched the second monthly Mobile Mix: the Device Index for
April, which showed iPhone in the top sport, followed by BlackBerry with a many new Android smartphones including the Nexus one, G2 Touch and Motorola Cliq. the top 20 mix.
- RIM remained the second largest OS on the network for the ninth
consecutive month with a 3% increase month-over-month and a 17% share of
- Although the Apple OS had a month-over-month decrease of 8% it still
remained the leading OS on our network in April with 62% share of
- Android Smartphone manufacturer HTC entered the top five this month
for the first time, and represented the largest increase within the Top
15 Manufacturers in April with a 2.5% impression share increase
- Connected devices remained steady with a 20% share of network
- The Touch & QWERTY category experienced the largest amount of
growth within the Device Input Mix and represented approximately 8% of
our network's impressions in April.
- Android's OS impression share increased 5%, representing 10% of U.S. Smartphone impressions in April. Android's OS is the third largest operating system in the OS mix for the second consecutive month.
Movement in Top 20 Mobile Phones:
- The Nexus One entered into the Top 20 Mobile Phones for the first
time at number four in April. Also entering the Top 20 list were the G2
Touch Hero and the Motorola Cliq.
- The BlackBerry Bold 2
represented the fifth RIM device to enter the
- The Palm Pixi moved into the 12 spot, from the 19 rank;
(Magic) increased to the 9th spot from the 16th,
and the BlackBerry Tour moved to the 17th from the 20th