The Wi-Fi Alliance has started certification of the new Wi-Fi Direct standard. On the Wi-Fi certification list is the Samsung Galaxy S, the first smartphone to be qualified for new point-to-point Wi-Fi connections.
The Samsung GT-I9000
received Wi-Fi Direct certification on November 1.
Wi-Fi Direct facilitates device-to-device wireless 802.11
communication without requiring a wireless access point or going out to
the web. Only one smartphone has to be Wi-Fi Direct certified
to enable wireless networking with any other Wi-Fi gadget.
In theory, Samsung Galaxy S owners should be able to share photos, music, video,
and other files over a localized network. Wi-Fi Direct is like Bluetooth except that most users have Wi-Fi devices available.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is coming from US Cellular, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T.
We will be exploring the Samsung Galaxy S phone series in future articles. Check the Samsung Galaxy S page to see when they appear.
- Samsung Galaxy S: Samsung Galaxy Tab @ U.S. Cellular 4 Holidays.
- Top Ten Best Tips an' Tricks for Samsung Galaxy S Phones.
- Top Ten (Plus) Best Coolest Free Android an' Droid Apps Review of Reviews.
- Samsung Galaxy S Phones Compared: Epic 4G, Fascinate, Captivate, Vibrant, Tab.
- Samsung Galaxy S News: Samsung Fascinate Will Google with Android 2.2 - How to Google Now.
- Samsung Galaxy S: Samsung Epic 4G has ANADIGIC AWT6264.
- Samsung Fascinate Goes On Sale Online 2Day, in Stores 2Morrow.
- Review: Samsung Fascinate (Verizon), Review of Reviews.
- Droid X vs Samsung Fascinate - Which Will Win the Android Galaxy.