The HTC Thunderbolt, the LTE successor to the Droid Incredible, is expected to be announced January 6 at CES. Formerly rumored to be called the HTC Droid Incredible HD, we have rounded up the latest rumors and speculations of one of the first LTE Verizon smartphones, now referred to as HTC Thunderbolt.
Some believe that the HTC Thunderbolt has shown up in the Verizon inventory system as the ADR6400. Other bloggers contend that the HTC Thunderbolt may have 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 16GB storage onboard, microSD expandable, Android 2.2, 4.3-inch touchscreen, 8MP rear-facing camera, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. The specs are much closer to the HTC EVO 4G than the Droid Incredible. Both smartphones were named in the Wireless and Mobile News' Top Ten Best Coolest Smartphones Review of Reviews.
The processor speed and type have not been confirmed. The leaked detail of a dual-core processor is doubted because that particular processor is not supposed to be available yet.
A German website, HTCInside, leaked these HTC Thunderbolt specs:
- 4.3-inch touchscreen, 16.78 million colors.
- Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Qualcomm MSM8960 dual-core processor 1.2GHz.
- 8-megapixel camera (primary).
- 5-megapixel camera (secondary).
- Hotspot capable.
- GPS, aGPS.
- 1080p Full HD video recording and playback.
- GSM / Quad Band | GPRS / EDGE / 3G / HSPA / LTE.
- Wi-Fi 2.11 b / g / n.
- 16GB Internal Memory | Expansion per 128GB microSDXC.
- Battery 1800mAh.
We will update this article and keep you posted regarding the official specs of the Droid Incredible HD, aka the HTC Thunderbolt. We suspect that it will come with HTC Sense like the Droid Incredible.
- Top Ten Best Android an' Droid Phones Now an' Later.
- Top Best Coolest Smartphones from Wireless and Mobile News.
- Top Ten (Plus) Best Coolest Free Android an' Droid Apps Review of Reviews.
- Top Incredible, EVO 4G and HTC Aria tips from HTC's Eric Lin.