The year-end 2010 wireless survey results are:
- Data traffic on wireless networks in the last six months of 2010 was 226.5 billion megabytes, compared to the last six months in 2009, which was 107.8 billion megabytes for an increase of 110 percent.
- Number of active data-capable devices was 270 million, compared to year-end 2009, which was 257 million for an increase of 5.3 percent.
- Wireless-enabled tablets, laptops and modems was 13.6 million, compared to year-end 2009, which was 11.9 million for an increase of 14.2 percent.
- Wireless subscriber connections was 302.9 million, compared to year-end 2009, which was 285 million for an increase of 6 percent.
- Wireless penetration rate was 96 percent, compared to year-end 2009, which was 91.2 percent.
- Minutes of Use (MOU) was 2.241 trillion, compared to 2009, which was 2.275 trillion.
- SMS sent and received was 2.052 trillion, compared to 2009, which was 1.563 trillion for an increase of 31 percent.
- MMS sent and received was 56.6 billion, compared to 2009, which was 34 billion for an increase of 64 percent.
Wireless annual service revenue increased 4.8 percent from a year earlier to $159.9 billion. Wireless data revenue grew to $50.1 billion, representing 31.4 percent of total service revenue. A summary of the report is available online, and the full report is available for purchase in the CTIA Research eStore. For more details, please visit: http://www.ctia.org/advocacy/research/index.cfm/AID/10316.