What were the most popular smartphones and stories from Wireless and Mobile News so far this year? We've combined data from our "Review of Reviews" top sources and our own analytics to discover the latest best top smartphones, stories and to predict the next best smartphones on the horizon.
5. Samsung Galaxy S 4G - although the T-Mobile price changed for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G from $149.99 to $199.99, this smartphone replaces the Samsung Galaxy S Samsung Vibrant and adds 4G network data capabilities. Specs of the Samsung Galaxy S 4G include Android 2.2 Froyo, a front-facing camera, 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, 1GHz processor, 16GB memory onboard, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 5-megapixel camera with HD video recording. It comes with a copy of the movie Inception. The Samsung Galaxy S 4G has received great reviews and was named Editor's Choice.
4. HTC Inspire (AT&T) - reviewers agreed that the price of $99 with a contract is a great value for super high-end features that rival the iPhone in some aspects, including the HSPA+ data network. Reviewers liked the good voice and photo quality. Reviewers also admired some aspects of the new HTC Sense.
3. Motorola Atrix (AT&T) - what makes the Motorola Atrix special besides the dual-core processor is that you can buy a laptop dock or media dock to turn it into more than a smartphone. Reviewers praised the speed of the processor that made Flash viewing on websites fast. They also liked the HDMI video output for viewing video on an HD TV.
2. Verizon iPhone 4 (Verizon) - reviewers all agree that basic style and hardware are about the same for the iPhone 4 on Verizon and AT&T. The major differences are a few features as well as the voice and data networks. Although the Verizon iPhone 4 does not use the new 4G LTE network from Verizon, there was a pent-up demand for iPhone 4, and over 1 million units have been sold.
1. HTC ThunderBolt - the constant changes of release dates, prices and speculation of causes has made the HTC ThunderBolt the most buzzed smartphone before a launch we have seen thus far (excluding the original iPhone). There is great excitement over Verizon's 4G LTE network access as well as the 4.3 touchscreen running Android 2.2.
Top Tablet for Now
Motorola Xoom - before Steve Jobs announced the iPad 2 today, the Motorola Xoom had more power and features than the original iPad. Reviewers of the Motorola Xoom found it to be the best Android tablet with super-fast dual processors.
You will see these smatphones coming out soon: the HTC Merge, Droid Bionic, Droid X2 and Droid Incredible 2. The next Windows Phones will be the HTC Arrive from Sprint on 3/20 and the HTC Trophy from Verizon.
Many of the smartphones listed in this report are included in our Reviews of Reviews of the Top Ten Best Android an' Droid Smartphones Now an' Later that we have updated with figures from today.
Other top stories included Samsung Galaxy S and Android phones getting updates to Android 2.2 Froyo. There were some minor updates to Windows Phone 7. The Android 2.3 pure Googleness Nexus S was updated with NFC. The Samsung Captivate began getting an update on 2/24. The Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G update started on 2/21 and ended on 2/24. The HTC Aria Update to Android 2.2 began on 2/27.
- Top Ten Best Tips an' Tricks for Samsung Galaxy S Phones.
- Top Ten (Plus) Best Coolest Free Android an' Droid Apps Review of Reviews.
- Samsung Galaxy S Phones Compared - Epic 4G, Fascinate, Captivate, Vibrant, Tab.