it appears that the carriers are not subsidizing BlackBerry smartphones like they used to. In the highly competitive smartphone market, prices on other smartphones have dropped. However , BlackBerry is the best for keyboards and enterprise use. This BlackBerry Bold is touchscreen enabled, and has a keyboard.
The news release says " "Since T-Mobile offers 4G speeds in more places than any other wireless broadband network in the U.S., CIOs can trust that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 will give their employees the ultimate combination of speed, productivity and security."
Features of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 include:
- BlackBerry 7 OS.
- 2.8" touchscreen.
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM.
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards.
- microSD card slot with support for cards up to 32 GB
- Push to Talk capability will be enabled through an over-the-air update
- 5.0 MP camera with flash, supports 720p HD video recording.
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi.
- Digital compass.
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery.u
- T-Mobile MobileLif® Family Organizer app offers centralized calendars, shopping lists, to-do lists, and family journals that allow family members to share updates with each other on the go.
This BlackBerry Bold could also have NFC in the future.