The updat of version 1.5.0029 improves sleep-and-resume performance and adds additional codec support to enhance the multimedia playback capabilities. The update also:
- Improves stability and performance when coming out of sleep mode.
- Adds support for additional multimedia codecs (AVI, DivX with mp3 audio, Xvid)
- Adds display controller enhancements.
You can update the Toshiba Thrive software from a notification or from Android:
- Tap on the update message which will be sent by the Toshiba Service Station application, or...
- Tap on the 'Apps' icon in the upper right corner of the Android Home screen, then locate & tap on the 'Service Station' icon. After launching 'Service Station', tap 'Check for Updates' and follow the displayed instructions.
The Thrive features a NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, Android 3.1, Honeycomb, a 10.1-inch high-resolution (1280 x 800) multi-touch LED backlit touchscreen, Swype, USB 2.0, HDMI, a 2MP front-facing webcam, a 5MP rear-facing camera, and an SD card slot. The ports are full-sized, making connections easier.
The Thrive Tablet comes in 8GB ($429.99), 16GB ($479.99), and 32GB ($579.99) models. Amazon.com is offering a special deal. You will get $100 credit on the Thrive when you join the AudibleListener Gold membership for 12 months at $14.95 per month.