Ho, ho, ho.. it's holiday promotion time and Verizon Wireless doesn't want to lose any 4G LTE customers to AT&T. Starting tomorrow (11/8) in time for 11/11/11 at 11:11 AM Droid RAZR launch, 4G LTE customers will get double the amount of data for the same price. This will surely be welcome on the new super dual-core smartphones coming from Verizon Wireless such as the Droid RAZR, HTC Rezound and Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
With the name Droid coming from the Star Wars movies, this could be called "Data Wars Part 4G LTE."
We contacted Brenda Raney to see what happens to the plans after the holidays, when the rate may go back up to previous rates. Raney wrote in an email:
"Once customers get the plan, they keep the plan as long as they are using a 4G smartphone. Limited time refers to our selling it, not customers using it."
" This promotion is not available for Mobile Hotspot plans or USBs."
This will be highly competitive against AT&T's new 4G LTE offerings including the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and HTC Vivid with data plans that cost 15 for 200 MB ($15 per extra 200 M), and $25 for 2GB $10 (per extra 1GB).
Unlimited data customers will have no change. Verizon has also added a $20 a mounth 300MB data plan.
Current and future Verizon Wireless 4G LTE-enabled devices include:
- 11/11/ Droid RAZR -super thin and super powerful.
- 11/14 HTC Rezound entertainment oriented with enhanced Beats audio from Dr. Dre, 1.5GHz dual-core processor and HTC Sense.
- 11/? Samsung Galaxy Nexus. the first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich super smartphone with pure Googleness.
- Samsung Stratsophere - the Samsung Stratosphere is the first QWERTY 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless. It has gotten good reviews and can bought through online retailers for as little as once cent or free with contract.
- Pantech Breakout the newest 4G LTE smartphones with rounded corners and lowest starting price from Verizon Wireless.
- Droid Bionic by Motorola first dual-core smartphone.
- 4G LTE-enabled Motorola XOOM, (read review).
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 4G LTE (read review).
- HTC ThunderBolt read review).
- Samsung Droid Charge (read review).
- LG Revolution read review. compare first three Verizon 4G LTE smartphones).