Most Read Top Wireless and Mobile News Stories this Week in Review:
Due to the holiday, this weekly feature is being published today. Our top best read stories this week center around hot tablet sales, new releases, top/best smartphones of 2011 and updates.
- The most popular news story is that Google is expected to release a new Nexus Tab tablet under the Nexus brand, which may or may not rival the Asus Transformer Prime, iPad or Xyboard.
- Samsung confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy SII and latest Samsung Galaxy Tab tablets will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- The Asus Transformer Prime sold-out. Inventory levels will be fulfilled in January 2012.
- The Droid RAZR received an OTA update.
- The Kindle Fire was the top holiday gift and received an update.
- Many readers are awaiting the results of the top ten best smartphones of the year. So far we've reviewed results from Laptop Mag, Digital Trends, PCMAG, PC World the C-List, and Consumer Reports findings for Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint. We will be publishing final results this week.
- The Verizon 4G LTE network was down for a short time.
- The most popular review was the Droid RAZR Review of Reviews.
- Verizon expanded its 4G LTE network.
- Android was the top OS and teens text constantly reported Nielsen.
- The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be updated to fix a signal strength indicator error.