AT&T announced new data plans starting January 22. Those who already have data plans will be grandfathered and keep their present data plan. If you change to new data plan pricing, you can't switch back to old data plan pricing. The AT&T website will be updated with the new plans starting on Sunday. AT&T is promoting using Wi-Fi to save data gigabytes.
Smartphone data plans:
- AT&T Data Plus 300MB: $20 for 300MB, previously 25oMB for $15.
- AT&T Data Pro 3GB: $30 for 3GB, formerly $25 for 2GB.
- AT&T Data Pro 5GB: $50 for 5GB, with mobile hotspot / tethering, formerly, $45 for 4GB.
Smartphone customers needing additional data can pay $10 per additional gigabyte on the AT&T Data Pro 3GB and Data Pro 5GB plans; AT&T Data Plus users will receive an extra 300MB for $20.
The new tablet plans include:
- AT&T DataConnect 3GB: $30 for 3GB formerly 2GB for $25.
- AT&T DataConnect 5GB: $50 for 5GB.
Existing smartphone and tablet customers will have the choice of keeping their current plans or choosing one of these new plans, and the current $14.99 for 250MB plan for tablet customers will remain available.