U.S.A. Motorola Wi-Fi Xoom owners are getting the tasty frosty Ice Cream Sandwich update in phases which started, last night.
We know our readers love the 4G LTE Motorola Xoom especially when over Black Friday Verizon Wireless reduced the price down $199.99 with contract. Now the best you can do is CPO Motorola Xoom for $299.99.
However, please be aware that is update is for Wi-Fi version. Verizon Wireless puts updates through vigorous testing and may a take a while. Verizon Xoom owners received an update in November that will allow for a prepaid option, which many be a good idea when Verizon contracts run out.
Motorola promised an update the Android Ice Cream Sandwich six weeks after receiving the core code. However, the Motorola Xoom is not the first tablet to get an Ice Cream Sandwich update that honor goes to the Asus Transformer Prime.
You can receive the update over a Wi-Fi connection. If you are not connected via Wi-Fi, or your Motorola XOOM is off when the notification arrives, you will see the notification when you next connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Ice Cream Sandwich offers an updated browser with faster rendering, a redesigned app launcher, resizable widgets, imaging improvements, voice typing and a Data Manager .
The updated “People” app replaces contacts and integrates y with Google+ and other social networks, as well as a resigned Gallery app with photo editor.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich combines tablet and smartphone functions and adds advanced features to Android such as face unlock, multitasking and ability for tablets to use smartphone apps in a smaller windows (see all features).
It's rolling out in phases, so look for a notification on Motorola Xoom when it’s ready for download. You can also tap the "check now" button until your Xoom finds an update.
Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi Changes with Android 4.0 ICS.
- Type with voice.
- Now you can touch the microphone on the keyboard and Text appears in real time.
- Richer and versatile imaging capabilities.
- For capturing larger scenes, the camera introduces a single motion panorama mode.
- Take still shots while shooting video by tapping.
- Silly face and photo manipulations.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor.
- Photo editor crops and rotates pictures, sets levels, removes red eyes and adds effects.
- Sizable widgets.
- You can expand widgets to show more content, or shrink them to save space.
- Updated browser.
- Save pages for offline reading .
- Request the desktop versions of websites.
- Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs.
- Dismiss individual notifications, apps from the Recent Apps list, and browser tabs with a simple swipe of a finger.
- Redesigned app launcher.
- In All Apps launcher, you can now simply drag an app to get information about it, immediately uninstall it, or disable a pre-installed app.
- A new typeface (called Roboto) .
- Updated "People" Application
- Replaces contacts and integrates with Google+ and other social networks.
- Improved text input and spell-checking.
- The keyboard now features improved accuracy and in-line spell checker.