First there were rumors that the Samsung Galaxy S III would be shown at mobile world Congress because the Samsung Galaxy S II was announced at Mobile World Congresss. Then a marketing company in Korea ( Cheil Worldwide) slipped that Samsung was working on a launch in time for the London summer Olympics making the conejecturati bloggers assume an all-but-confirmed launch in April.
So Samsung confirms via Twitter in Korea that no way is the Samsung Galaxy S III will not be launched in April. When probed further Samsung reintegrated that:
"The successor to the Galaxy S II smartphone will be unveiled in the first half of the year, closer to commercial availability of the product. We cannot confirm the detailed information at the moment."
Samsung in 2011 was the top smarpthone maker, selling one million smartphones more than iPhones. We can expect many more innovations this year. The Samsung Galaxy SII was the named the top best smartphone of 2011 by numerous reviewers.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III will use printed circuit boards that are thinner to make a 7mm thin smartphone.
- Quad-core Exynos processor or dual-core 1.8GHz processor
- Super AMOLED Plus 720p touchscreen. Most likely at 4.6"or greater.
- 4G LTE radio.
- 2GB of RAM.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Gorilla Glass 1 or 2.
- TouchWiz UI v.40.
- microSD slot
- 16/32GB internal storage.
- 12MP camera, plus 2MP front-facing camera.
- Previous rumors suggested a 3d aspect.
The only thing we know for sure that about the Samsung Galaxy S III is that will have to better specs than its predecessor because Samsung wants customers to buy more smartphones.