Planning social event and getting your friends all together in the same place at the same time can be really difficult. What is the best way to round them up new(or giddyup) on short notice? (video follows)
Evite, works well for email in advance of the party. Sometimes people check Facebook timelines in time. Some people prefer phone calls, FourSquare check-ins, text messages or maybe you could as the Brits say "knock them up" by knocking on their doors.
Now there is an Android and iPhone app for that. GiddyUp claims the app makes social event planning easy and efficient. The app requires a smartphone with Internet and SMS to participate in group planning, no sign?up required.
GiddyUp facilitates get?togethers via contacts in your phone. Users create an event, invite friends, chat and RSVP.
Users are alerted via push notifications or SMS, reducing wait time typically associated with email, Facebook, Evite and other platforms of that nature.
All participants (parties) find out who’s “In” and who’s “Out” in minutes.
Here at the steps to a GiddyUp event:
- Create a GiddyUp, title it and add friends.
- Add a location, date & time, notes and even a picture for more specific plans.
- GiddyUp users are alerted via push notification to generate a quick response.
- Non?GiddyUp users are sent an SMS with a link that opens in their mobile browser.
- All invitees – regardless if they have the app – can view event details, other invitees and their status.
- Events can be public or private.
- Group chat about the event if needed.
- Events initiated or accepted can also sync with your calendar.
To get the party started GiddyUp is offering a $1000 prize that you can enter to win by planning an event. Some have called it a "Party planner in your pants."