It looks like Motorola is keeping its promise to update the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich before the end of the second quarter, June 30.
Droid RAZR users have reported that they are receiving text messages informing them that when there Droid RAZR is updated to Android 4.0 they will no longer be able to use the Verizon IM app.
"Free Verizon Message: Your phone will soon be upgraded to Android 4.0. At that time we will remove your Verizon Wireless Mobile IM app because it is not supported in Android 4.0. Please download a new instant messaging app to use IM on your phone. Thank you for using Mobile IM!
One forum member defined soon as "Slowly On Our Network." Forum member also noted that a true sign of an impending "soon " update is when Motorola releases a soak test to beta testers from forum members. We haven't seen a known soak test, yet. The update to Android 4.0 for the Droid RAZR does exist videos of the update showed up on the Motorola support site in Japan.
New features of the Droid RAZR ICS update include:
- The new lock screen – when music is playing your music controls are accessible from the lockscreen. Face unlock and pattern unlock
- Lapdock Webtop UI changes.
- Camera app can take still photos while recording video.
- Motorola Blur social app is gone .
- Taking screenshots – press hold volume/power down at same time and it saved to the microSD card.
- Google + integration.
- Settings are arranged in groups.
- Notifications changes include to clear notifications you slide it to the side (view videos).