Unfortunately for one Samsung Galaxy S III user in the UK, his Samsung Galaxy S III, fired up on its own and exploded on the scenic route of his car dash while docked. You may not have a burning desire for Samsung Galaxy S3 when you hear the rest of the story. There are some neat things that the Samsung Galaxy S III does easily that are highlighted in a video.
While Dublin-based college student, Dylan Kershaw was driving with his Samsung Galaxy S III in the car dock, suddenly he saw white flame and sparks coming out of the phone.
The phone burned from the inside out, melting the plastic in the case and the phone. The phone was working but without any signal.
Kershaw returned the Samsung Galaxy S III to Carphone Warehouse but was not given a replacement unit. He was told it had to be sent off. The phone was not being charged at the time when it exploded on the scene.
With out being actually on site, if the phone was left in dock in the sun, that could have contributed to overheating. Or perhaps, this is just one bad unit amongst the millions that were shipped.
Just hours ago Samsung started showing its latest "what if" video asks:
- What if, you could send what's on your phone to your TV screen?
- What if, you could take a photo and share it instantly?
- What if you could share photos as a group?
- What if, you could share what's important with just one touch?
- What if you could toast marshmallows on your dashboard and see fireworks inside your car?
The Samsung Galaxy S III the next big thing is here.
We changed the last line to include Kershaw's scenario.