TS2R Wireless News from Wireless and Mobile News:
Here's the news that is "Too Short to Report":
- The Mobile Media Summit, an event for mobile advertising and media decision-makers, blows in to the Windy City on August 6 to debate the best mobile advertising tactics for Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Retail and Quick Service Restaurants (QSR).
- Projections from data in a new PopCap study show that there is now an addressable market of more than 125 million people playing mobile games in the U.S. and U.K.
- The New York Times today unveiled a redesign of its Windows Phone news app, which delivers the latest news and award-winning journalism of The New York Times, designed and formatted for optimal reading on the latest version of Windows Phone.
- Expectations of strong demand for media tablets in the second half of 2012 has led International Data Corporation (IDC) to increase its forecast for the worldwide market to 107.4 million units for the year. By 2016 worldwide shipments should reach 222.1 million units.e
- A TeamViewer survey by Harris Interactive found that 93% of Americans believe there are times when Dads think they are the family tech “expert,” when in reality, the family members go to someone else when they have a computer problem or other technical issue. Fully 84% said there are things that make it hard for them to get help from the family tech “expert,” including, techie is not at home, too busy, too far away and embarrassment of family member knowing secrets.