While we here back in the states are gearing up for a holiday weekend, over in Germany the CES of Europe IFA is booming with news and announcements. New devices monitor your plants or wellness. You can waterproof your iPad or get a keyboard for it. You can also access Google
- LifeProof iPad Nüüd case protects iPads from water without covering the screen. The Sand Diego-Based company claims the case delivers perfect visual clarity and uncompromised touch experience, while giving you LifeProof confidence to use your iPad at the beach, construction site, or simply letting the kids be kids with your iPad. For $149 the case will make the iPad water proof (submerge to 6.6 feet for 30 minutes), dirt proof, snow proof, and shock proof (drops up to 4 feet).
- Preview of new TomTom Android App TomTom’s on-board maps, IQ Routes and HD Traffic will give Android users the freshest map, the fastest routes and the most accurate arrival times. The application is set for release in October 2012.
- Google TV 4 Samsung - Samsung has added the GoogleTV apps to its SmartHub Suite.
- The ZAGGkeys PRO and PRO Plus are ultra-thin Bluetooth keyboard accessories that accentuate for Apple. Te ZAGGkeys PRO and PRO Plus utilize an innovative magnetic closure to secure the iPad, and protect the screen from scratches and smudges. Expected retail for the ZAGGkeys PRO is $99, $129 for the ZAGGkeys PRO Plus.
- Koubachi $99 Wi-Fi Plant Monitor - connected to the cloud the pant monitor, monitors soil, moisture, light and temperature. Alerts are sent to the gardener/owner, data is recorded and acessed on the web or from an iPhone app.
- Tinké for iPhone $99- from Zensorium is small monitor that monitors your fitness and wellness when you touch it with your finger. It monitor heart rate, blood oxygen, respiratory rate, and heart rate variability. Share your data through the tinké network or other social media. Now, you can keep your family in the know, compare measurements with your friends, or let your doctor know how you're doing.
- Magic Feet wireless charging charges either the Apple Wireless Keyboard or the Apple Magic Trackpad, and the Apple Magic Mouse, all of them wirelessly. It can charge up to 3 devices at once. A full charge from empty takes 6 hours and each charged device can last for 10 days.
- The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender (XAUB2511) allows music to be played wirelessly on any speaker anywhere at home from a tablet, smartphone or computer. It turns any power outlet into an Internet connection, and can convert a USB printer or USB hard drive into a network device that is accessible from any connected device.