Samsung announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be released from five major carriers in the United States and will be the first quad-core Samsung smartphone/phablet in the United States.
Release dates will be in mid-November in time for the Holidays. Previous rumors suggested an October 21 release date for AT&T. US Cellular is already taking preorders with a $299.99 price tag with a contract.
The SG Note 2 could be considered an enlarged tabletized Samsung Galaxy S III with a new enhanced S Pen and new S Pen apps, that is skinnier than the first Samsung Galaxy Note.
The S Pen has been ergonomically redesigned to be more precise, ergonomic and has 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity. Remove the S Pen from the Galaxy Note II and it automatically launches the S Pen menu. When you forget to put the S Pen back into the case, an alarm sounds.
A new feature is a screen capture that you can draw around the image when the S Pen’s side button is pressed down.
Here are Samsung Galaxy Note 2 features:
- Air View allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview the content without having to open it.
- Popup Note extends the concept of Popup Play, which lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Popup Video - little popping video that can sized and moved around the screen.
- Popup Browser - launches a new browser when a link is tapped in an email.
- Quick Command lets users activate apps by the command pad by holding the S Pen and swiping upward.
- Screen Recorder, lets user record screen actions and share it.
- Easy Clip – takes a screen shot of the screen which can be sized by the S Pen.
- Visualize – offers images that illustrate hand written words.
- Features found on the SG S3 - S Beam, Share Shot, Burst/Best Shot, AllShare Cast and Group Cast.
New accessories include a new flip cover and S Pen with eraser for with a button for gestures and erasing.
Compare the Samsung Galaxy Note II vs original SG Note.