There is a new blitz of new Google Nexus rumors surrounding the globe and makers. Google will hold an event in New York City on October 29. It's not to scare people for Hallowee, it is expected to be the time when all the new Nexus devices will be announced. The costumes for this Halloween party include phabulous phablets, tablets and new partnerships.
There are several possible incarnations in Nexus land which follow (starting with the most likely first):
- Nexus 7 32GB - 7" tablet -the Nexus 7 32GB appears to be a done deal with numerous reports as well as shipments arriving at Staples scanning for $249.99, available in stores on October 29. The stock number is #100604. This increases the storage of the Nexus 7. There is also a rumor of a 3G model in Europe which may or many not be launched in the United States.
- Nexus 10 - 10.1 tablet - rumored for months, seen in Picasa information, to be made by Samsung with a 2560x1600 pixel screen at 299ppi. The reported features of the Nexus 10.1 are the same or better than the well-reviewed Nexus 7, a quad-core processor, Wi-Fi, Corning Glass, GPS, Wi-Fi, Android Jelly Bean, microUSB, NFC and landscape-capable homescreen.
- HTC Nexus 5 - in theory there may be more than one Nexus smartphone in the pipeline, some reports suggest more than one manufacturer for Google Android "partners." This is also a phablet with a 5" screen based on the rumors and specs of the latest HTC pahblet for Japan the HTC J Buttery. Some believe this Beats audio powerhouse will in fact be the Verizon Droid Incdredible X.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus II - the rumors are very sparse, an unexpected title on the Sprint website and a an Inivisheild screen sheild for the Samsung Nexus 2, supposedly a suped up version of the the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 8MP camera.
- Sony Nexus X Xperia - either a trick or treat , there may be an Xperia style pure Goolge Sony Nexus. A leaked photograph of a smartphone looks like the Sony Xperia line may or may not be hoax. The X makes it very confusing because there are also rumors of a 10 inch tablet and the letter "X" means ten in Roman numerals.
If you miss the Google event you can watch it streameed on YouTube.