Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Note II will have an Octbober 25 release date and sell for $299.99 with a new line or upgraded contract. Upcoming competitors to the Samsung Galaxy Note are the LG Optimus G and Nexus 4.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II expands the phablet category created by the Galaxy Note with improved battery life, a thinner and narrower design and enhancements to the S Pen.
Sprint pointed out the many first for the Samsung Galaxy Note II:
- First Samsung device with Android 4.1.1, Jelly Bean.
- First smartphone larger with a screen larger than 5 inches - 5.5-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED touchscreen.
- First with a quad-core processor -Samsung's Exynos 1.6GHz quad-core processor.
- 4G /LTE network speeds.
- Global voice and data roaming.
- 8MP camera with Buddy Photo Share, Burst Shot and Best Photo.
- 3,100 mAh battery.
- 2GB RAM, 16GB on board
- Wi-Fi, NFC, microSD and Bluetooth.
- Enterprise SAFE
A new feature is a screen capture that you can draw around the image when the S Pen’s side button is pressed down.
Here are Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Software features:
- Air View allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview the content without having to open it.
- Popup Note extends the concept of Popup Play, which lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Popup Video – little popping video that can sized and moved around the screen.
- Popup Browser – launches a new browser when a link is tapped in an email.
- Quick Command lets users activate apps by the command pad by holding the S Pen and swiping upward.
- Screen Recorder - lets user record screen actions and share it.
- Easy Clip – takes a screen shot of the screen which can be sized by the S Pen.
- Visualize – offers images that illustrate hand written words.
- Features found on the Samsung Galaxy S III – S Beam, AllShare Cast and Group Cast.