There is good news for those who are waiting for the update to Android 4.0 ICS for the Droid RAZR/MAXX. Motorola in Japan has released videos of the Motorola Droid RAZR showing it running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Droid RAZR information page in Japan shows nine videos of Android ICS highlighting:
(Note: Some Droid RAZR Android 4.0 ICS videos are in English, some have English titles and others are in Japanese only.)
- The new lock screen - when music is playing your music controls are accessible from the lockscreen. Face unlock and pattern unlock
- Lapdock Webtop UI.
- Camera app can take still photos while recording video.
- Motorola Blur social app is gone .
- Taking screenshots - press hold volume/power down at same time and it saved to the microSD card.
- There's something about Google + integration.
- Settings are arranged in groups.
- Notifications changes include to clear notifications you slide it to the side.
For the videos in Japanese, you may want to invite your Japanese friends to translate. Verizon tests updates very carefully and may be a while before the update is pushed out.
When surveyed Memorial deals, we found that Amazon.com showed the most popular smartphone to be the Droid RAZR MAXX is discounted to $149.99 for new and $199 for renewing customers while the Droid RAZR is down to one-cent for new contract buyers. Amazon is heavily promoting the Verizon Double Data Deal.
English Version of WebTop App Lockscrenn with titles in English How to take a screen shot:
Face Unlock Setup