Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_process' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 184
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_custom_keywords' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 260
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_blank' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 563
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_nofollow' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 566
The Samsung Galaxy S II (S2) Skyrocket can be updated to Android 4.04 ICS through the Kies app. Unfortunately, users in forums have reported bugs from the update. In the meantime, Samsung posted on its website that the Kies was experiencing a high volume of traffic.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich adds some features such as Android Beam, Face Unlock, a new UI and improved camera (see all features and video). Th SG S2 does support NFC therefore Android Beam should work. Android 4.04 running on the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is not perfect, upgraded have reported issues and problems.
Samsung Android ICS bugs include:
- Worse battery life.
- GPS not locking on signal.
- Keyboard lag.
- Problems connecting to AT&T voice network.
- GPS and battery functions showing large data usage.
- Contacts crashing. Contact doubling in texts (see below).
- Screen freezes during web browsing.
- Greater memory usage.
- Camera malfunctions.
- Wi-Fi constantly scanning, disconnects and huge data downloads.
- Note this kind of problem has been reported on the other Samsung Galaxy S II models when updated to ICS 4.03 which was fixed for many with 4.04.
- Some workarounds include performing a factory data reset or creating a new Wi-Fi network on the phone using 2.4GHz only.
- Another fix is to Go to the Wi-Fi settings, click and hold the network you have saved eg:linksys, go to modify network config , then tick a box for show Advanced options, .. Change from DHCP to static.
- Use Wi-Fi button on the power savings widget to turn on/off and Go Settings, Wireless and networks + more, enable and disable Wi-Fi Direct.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read… check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update is done a notice will appear.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Home screens: Items that have been added to the home screen, such as home screens that have been added/removed, applications, widgets, and wallpaper (if the current wallpaper is not supported by ICS) are reset to default. Lock screen images will be preserved.
- Application Menu: The application menu sorting, folders and home keys will be reset. Downloaded applications will be preserved.
- Contact Groups: All Contacts and Contact groups will remain. However. contacts within the contact groups will be removed.
- Email: Email accounts that were added as a Social Hub or Samsung premium account will be removed.
- Music: Music playlists and settings (Equalizer,Sound effect, Music menu) will be reset during the update.
- Bluetooth: Paired bluetooth devices will be removed during the reset.