The Apple World Wide Developers Conference has come and gone without a new iPhone. The iPhone is getting an extreme makeover with new thinness and for some strange reason may of the other rumors have "four" in them with new technology heretofore not used before. There are also release date rumors starting as soon as August.
The latest rumor from the Wall Street Journal is that the touchscreen of the new iPhone 5 will be thinner because it integrates the touch sensors into the LCD, making a separate touchscreen layer unnecessary. The technology is called in-cell and made by Sharp as well as LG Display.
Digitimes reported that Apple is expected in the next iPhone will have a quad-core processor based on the Samsung’s Exynos 4 ARM architecture which was thrown into the rumor soup.
Other rumors that continue are:
- The screen will larger and 4" (3.95").
- There will different iPhone high and low-end models.
- 4G LTE network compatible.
- Mapping will be provided by Apple and not Google.
- The dock connector will not be the 30pin connector but a 19 pin connector to save space which will be magnetic and more water resistant.
- There ill be as many as four new accessories including an earphone Jack/ Ear Speaker/ Wi-Fi Cable for iPhone 5.
- The new SIM will be really small and called the nano-SIM.
- The new antenna system is needed for the 4G LTE networks and there is complete internal redesign.
- Release date suggestions offered include August 7 as part of a keynote with production ready in August reports from China.
- another reoccurring rumor is that the new iPhone won't be numbered like it predecessors but just be called the new iPhone like the new iPad.