The Samsung Galaxy S III continues to gain momentum and more marketing. Sales estimates are high and reviews are great. However, there are some issues and warnings. There's a Twitter contest to win a free SG S3, as well new videos from Jimmy Fallon and Korea where teams compete to keep in games their eyes in Smart Stay. Movie goers are playing Samsung Galaxy S III games, too.
Analysts reported huge sales figures for the Samsung Galaxy S III. JPMorgan estimated 6.5 million units sold in the second quarter and projects that 15 million Samsung Galaxy S III units will be sold in the fourth quarter.
Those who went to the movies this weekend at some premier movie houses were able to see the next big thing on the big screen and play games with it by waving their hands. New releases that currently feature the game include The Amazing Spider-Man, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Ted, Prometheus and more. Find movie theater here.
In recent reviews, one reviewer could only find one thing missing from the Samsung Galaxy S III and that was the word "Nexus" so that it would get updates quickly. Samsung has been doing a delayed job of getting Android updates to its smartphones.
In the locked bootloader issue with Verizon Wireless, there is a rumor that there will be a software update to unlock the bootloader for the Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S III version. Previously, Samsung said it would offer an unlocked developer edition of the Verizon model for developers.
The frenzy is growing so much that iPhone owners may actually jump the Apple ship to get onboard with Samsung. The easy way to transfer iTunes, contacts and texts is witht he Easy Phone Sync app however DRM-restricted content purchased from iTunes will not be transferred. Another free app that allows Tunes sync is DoubleTwist for Windows and Android. AirSync syncs offer Wi-Fi and AirPlay plays media on the Samsung Galaxy S III on Apple TV.
Some say that burning your music purchased on iTunes to a CD and then copying it over to a microSD card may enable you to play on the SG S3. We have not been able to test the method yet.
Some Samsung Galaxy S III users are burned by a burned screen. Leaving an image on your Samsung Galaxy S III for too long it could cause screen ghosting. This phenomena can also happen on computer screens when an image is shown on it for too long. Apparently, the Samsung Galaxy S III Korean manual was not exactly clear on the situation. Samsung has apologized and continues to warn users to not leave a stationary image on the screen for long periods of time. Read Google or Bing translation in English.
We thought it would be nice to go through all the Warnings! in the Samsung Galaxy S III user manual to avoid any problems:
- Warning! The display on your mobile device is made of glass or acrylic and could break if your mobile device is dropped or if it receives significant impact. Do not use if screen is broken or cracked as this could cause injury to you.
- Warning! If your handset has a touch screen display, please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing on the touchscreen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty.
- Warning! (Apps from Playstore or made by Android SDK) Because this device can be configured with system software not provided by or supported by Google or any other company, end-users operate these devices at their own risk.
- Warning! Not all services can be stopped. Stopping services may have undesirable consequences on the application or Android System.
- Warning! Unknown sources setting -This feature allows you to download and install non-Market applications. Enabling this option causes your phone and personal data to be more vulnerable to attack by applications from unknown sources.
- Warning! Performing a Factory data reset will erase all data from your phone and internal SD card, including your Google account, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software, bundled applications, and external SD card files such as music and photos.
- Warning! Use of a non-Samsung-approved battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard.Samsung's warranty does not cover damage to the phonecaused by non-Samsung-approved batteries and/or chargers.
For those who like to make up what is being said watch Smart Stay Stadium edition from Samsung Marketing Korea. Two girls holding on to a beam have to keep their eyes on the screen of a Samsung Galaxy S III and not lose site the image. Then two guys try to hold their Samsung Galaxy S III in site while using their legs to knock down the opponent.
Last week we saw the Samsung Galaxy S III camera features demoed by Jimmy Fallon and fom Episode 669 It appears after the first commercial break at 11:01 minutes
Samsung is teaming up with the Major League Baseball for a Galaxy S III Photo Hunt. Through July 31st, @MLB will tweet out a Samsung Photo Hunt item daily using the hash tag #SamsungMLB. Take a picture of the item and share it with @MLB for a chance to WIN a Samsung Galaxy S III phone and 2 tickets to see your favorite team.