WiMo Stat Mania is new feature from WiMo News that shows the latest stats and surveys about wireless or mobile usage and trends.
iPhone 5 O-Rama
- 400 million iOS devices sold through June.
- Three days following launch, iPhone 5 users constituted just over 2.5% of all iPhone Web traffic. This comparatively low number appears to do with map and iOS issues.
- If you think it's expensive to buy an unlocked iPhone today, the original iPhone cost $499 and had just 4GB of storage.
- The original iPhone was 11.6mm thick and weighed 135 grams. The iPhone 5 is 7.6mm thick and weighs 112 grams.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III is the first smartphone to outsell the iPhone at two carriers. Read comparison of SG S3 vs. iPhone 5.
Power to the Smartphone Drains Power
- Opower, repotts it costs about $0.41 a year, or 3.5 kWh to charge an iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S III users who will pay $0.53 per year (4.9 kWh), due to the Galaxy's larger battery. The 170 million iPhone 5s that analysts will be sold in the year ahead, will draw enough electricity to power all of the homes in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for one year. On the other hand, day spent web-surfing and facebooking on a smartphone or tablet is a much more energy-efficient day than doing the same on a traditional computer. There is still a massive about of power used to process the data over the internet, Wi-Fi and cell towers.
Down with the App Download in Anticpation of iPhone 5
- Fisku reported that demand for the iPhone 5 prompted a decrease in app downloads and mobile app marketing costs in August.
Mo' Radiation & Battery Drainage 4 iPhone 5
- iLounge reported about the iPhone 5, if users are not in a place with a strong signal, the phones battery may struggle to hold calls and transfer data, meaning the battery works harder shortening battery life. It can also cause an increase in users’ exposure to radiation, which can lead to numerous health concerns
Kids to Get iPhone/iPadded Furby 4 Xmas
- In 2012, Anthony L. Liuzzo, business and economics professor at Wilkes University, says the "in" toy will be the Furby, an updated, hi-tech version of the 1998 "must-have" holiday toy. It comes with an optional app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.