The Droid RAZR M is getting an update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The update is being pushed out over time and should be available this week for manual download. Typically Verizon starts sending updates out slowly and then increases the push over time.
If you like getting updates before anyone else, Motorola announced the Test Drive program for testing out updates before they become available to the general public.
The Droid RAZR M is the second Verizon Wireless smartphone to be upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
It is always a good idea to backup your data before any update and make sure your battery is at least 50% charged. Installation will take a few minutes. you will not be able to make calls during the update process .
To manually check for updates, tap Apps > Settings > About phone > System updates. Your Droid RAZR M downloads updates over your Wi-Fi connection (if available) or mobile network. It is
recommended that you download updates when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
Additional Update Features:
- Circles widget has been updated to enable instant updating.
- Improved voice and data connectivity quality, reducing instances of losing 3G and 4G services
- Reduced time needed to access GPS signal.
- Contacts sync more often, eliminating the need to wait for manual or nighttime sync
- Improvements to Setup Wizard UI makes the email setup experience more user friendly.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for better user experience
- Improved Mobile Hotspot data connectivity
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Verizon Remote Diagnostics has been updated.
- New QuickOffice version has been integrated.
- New VZ Navigator application addresses several stability issues.
- Video Calling Portal App have been added..
- Integrated new VZWAPPs Version.
- Color Application had been removed.
- Device now includes support for the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Improved connectivity when using Wi-Fi.
- Multimedia Messaging delivery has been improved.
- Improved Bluetooth Connectivity.