The day after Halloween, Sprint announced the Android 4.0 ICS update for the LG Viper. Some users have reported that they not gotten the update yet due to slow servers and other glitches. While Viper owners are getting notices that the update will be completely rolled out during the next two weeks.
The Sprint support community noted that, "Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. "
The update LS840ZVI enables the LG Vipper to show the number of users displayed on Hotspot and upgrades upgrade of Google's OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0).
IT is always a good idea to backup your data before starting an update. Also make sure that your LG Vipe is at least 50% charged, if you are roaming, connect to Wi-Fi to get the update. You will not be able to use your phone or make emergency calls during the upgraded process.
Update your software
- From the Home screen, press Menu and tap Settings.
- Flick down to scroll up and tap System Update.
- Tap Update Firmware.
- Your phone will check for updates.
- If there is an update, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it
- If your phone displays Your system is currently up to date, your phone is on the most current software version, or the update hasn't been pushed to your phone yet.