The new line of Droid smartphones went on sale and it looks like Droid fans have come to the plate and bought all the available stock online directly from Verizon Wireless. We found some online retailers with discounts and Droids in stock.
Verizon online sales show that the Droid mini will ship by August 29, the Droid MAXX will ship by August 27, and the Droid Ultra will ship by August 27, the shortest wait is a week.
We're wondering if the free six months of Google All Access music subscription with unlimited access to millions of songs from any device, helped the presales or maybe a month notice of the release date, in advance.
The Droid Ultra from Wirefly is selling for $149.99 with a new contract/upgrade and the Droid mini is priced at $49.99 for new contracts/upgrades and in stock. The Droid MAXX is selling for $199.99 for new contracts/upgrades from Wirefly All Droids are showing they are in preorder, will ship when available and are in stock as of this publication. You should expect delivery within a few days, confirm with Wirefly, first. If you act today, you get $30 Visa Gift Card when you add additional lines, ends 8/20/13.
If you want a new Droid, we always suggest that you contact stores in your area to check for availability. Sometimes, Best Buy sales associates will hold phones for you.
BestBuy.com. sold out of the Droid MAXX online, however the Ultra is available without discounts. The Droid mini shows, "coming soon."
Amazon does not offer the new Droids, yet.
The Droid MAXX is the powerful battery and more storage model of its latest Droid generation:
- The Droid MAXX and mini both offer wireless charging, therefore if you don't want to plug-in to charge your DROID, it makes a good choice.
- The 3500 mAh battery offers 48 hours of mixed usage, making it slightly thicker than the Ultra.
- Extended Battery Life - if you are a power user, streaming videos and use your Droid constantly the extra battery time is welcome.
- 32GB of onboard storage for more storage space than other models.
- Good for you if you don't made extra weight (4.94 oz)
- The 4.3" screen is the size needed for one-handed operation that is sure to fit in a pocket.
- Wireless charging.
- 16GB of storage.
- 2000 mAh battery.
- Weighs 4.59 oz.
- You'll have to wait two more days for smaller Droid from Verizon Wireless: Release Date August 29, 2013.
- Super thin at 7.18, priced at $199.99
- Same 5" Touchscreen as Droid MAXX.
- 2130 mAh battery.
- Weighs 4.83 oz.
- Comes in red and black.
- Best for smartphone average users who doesn't like a lot of bulk.
All the Droid offers scratch resistance Gorilla Glass, HD (720x1280 pixels)AMOLED touchscreen, water repellent Nano-coating, Kevlar unibody, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System (1.7 GHz dual-core application processor, 400 MHz quad-core GPU, natural language processor, contextual computing processor), Power/Audio Management: PM8921
The Motorola system architecture has eight processor cores that only run when there’s work to be done. It has 4 graphics processor cores for clarity. 2 application processor cores for swift action and 2 low-power cores to be ready for commands.
All Droid have 10MP cameras, front-facing cameras, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.This Droid line was designed in the U.S.A and made in Asia
Instead of outer space robots and massive special effects the Droid Ultra is shown to take a very bumpy cab ride and is then activated by the command, "Okay Goole Now."