This is an update to our previous article on free wireless calls and text aid to the Philippines. Several other sources are offering free calls to the Philippines, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Sprint and Bright House for a limited time. We have also expanded the Text to Donate List as well as other ways to give. MoneyGram has waved fees for adding services on prepaid cellular phones.
Sprint and Virgin Mobile are not charging for phone calls and text messages to the Philippines between November 8 and December 7.
Comcast is giving free calls to the Philippines for its 10.5 million Xfinity Voice residential customers. Comcast is working with the Filipino Channel and making its network available at no additional cost to Xfinity TV digital customers, so they can watch the special news coverage from the Philippines.
Time Warner Cable's Home Phone and Business Services is offering free calls to landlines and mobile phones in the Philippines free until November 30. Time Warner Cable has made The Filipino Channel available at no additional cost to digital TV subscribers through November 15th.
Bright House Networks announced that all customer calls made to the Philippines from Home Phones will be free. Bright House Networks' Home Phone customers will not be charged for any calls to land lines or cell phone numbers in the Philippines from November 8 to November 30.
NEW Donation Venues:
You can donate money to the American Red Cross through iTunes online store.
For those who have Bitcoin accounts, you can donate via BitMe's Philippines Typhoon Relief Bitcom Wallet.
MoneyGram is waiving the transaction fee for customers in the United States who want to donate to the American Red Cross Philippines relief effort online and at a MoneyGram location using the MoneyGram ExpressPayment service.
Here's an updated list of Text to Give Options:
- TEXT REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
- Text RELIEF to 864233 to donate $10 to UNICEF.
- Text DONATE to 20222 to Donate to Save the Children.
- Text HOPE to 777444 to donate to World Vision.
- Text RELIEF to 25383 to donate to Catholic Relief Service.
- Text TYPHOON to 80888 to donate $10 to Salvation Army.
- Text AID to 50555 to give a $10 donation to Operation USA.
- Text AID to 80077 to give $10 to HOPE Worldwide.
- Text AID to 27722 to give $10 to World Food Program USA.
- Text AID to 80108 to give $10 the mGive Foundation Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund (U.S .State Dept Campaign).
MoneyGram will also waive transaction fees for international top-up transactions. This allows customers in the United States a more cost efficient method to add minutes to prepaid phones in the Philippines and stay connected with friends and family in the region.
Top-up transaction fee waivers are in place through November 30, 2013. They apply to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Globe Philippines Recharge -- receive code 8592
- Smart Philippines Recharge -- receive code 8595
- Sun Cellular Philippines Recharge -- receive code 8594
- Talk N Text Philippines Recharge -- receive code 8596
- Touch Mobile Philippines Recharge -- receive code 8593