Samsung is gearing up for the release of it's latest next big thing the Samsung Galaxy S5 along with accessory smartwatches. We are researched the best deals so far for preordering the GS 5, we've found $100 bill credits, free activation and big reductions or free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablets (restrictions apply. Remember, you will always pay the highest price the moment the phone is released. If you wait a few months there will be better offers. For instance Best Buy is selling the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 for $49.99 with a contract. If you are waiting to find out if you should wait for the iPhone 6 we took most of the present iPhone 6 rumored specs into account for an iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison.
You can see the preview the Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit at Samsung Experience Stores and mobile carrier stores. You can see it this weekend at Best Buy stores and at AT&T,Sprint, U.S. Cellular or T-Mobile where you can preorder the SG S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5.1" Super AMOLED touchscreen, quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microSD slot, 16GB camera, home fingerprint scanner button, water/dust resistance and 16GB or 32GB storage options. The heart rate monitor that will work with the Gear Fit.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Pricing and Deals
The AT&T Galaxy S 5 is $199.99 with a two-year agreement ($100 bill credit +$36 Activation fee waived) It is also available at $25 per month with AT&T Next 18 month payments or $32.50 per month with AT&T Next 12 1 year payments. The full retail price is $649.99.
From T-Mobile the price for the GS 5 is, $660 (2750/mo. x 24 mos), however you can get $120 off the Galaxy Tab 3(with free 200 MB data per month) when you preorder the GS 5. If you switch from another carrier you can get $350 to pay your ETF and up to $300 trade-in for a working recent model smartphone.
Sprint is taking preorders for the GS 5 for ($100 credit for switching) for 27.09/month for 23 months / $26.92 final payment or $199.99 after $50 mail-in rebate card. If you sign up for a Sprint Framily Plam you can get a free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (with two-year contract) .
Best Buy is giving a $10 Best Buy Gift card for preording the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Sprint or AT&T only, so far.
iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is hard to compare with the iPhone 6 because we don't have all the details yet. Most likely they will be about the same size, offer very similar features and some very different.
- Size - about the same, depending upon which rumors you believe the iPhone 6 may be a tad bit smaller than the 5.1 screen of the SG S5
- Screen resolution - while the SG 5 is 1920 x 1080 Pixel, 432 ppi while the iPhone 6 is expected to have a 389 ppi "ultra retina" display.
- Software - you get full Apple compatibility, special connectors and the suite of iOS apps for the iPhone 6 while Android will be loaded with lots of Samsung-centric software and features.
- Handwriting recognition Samsung Galaxy S5 has handwriting recognition, iPhone 6 probably will not.
- Body Styles - the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have the rounded light leather-like plastic look, while iPhone 6 may come in bright iPod colors over a the sleek Apple metal.
- Fingerprint Scanner - both iPhone 6 and SG S5 have fingerprint biometric scanners for unlocks.
- Tons of Video and Photo Features - the iPhone 6 reportedly has better camera features while the Samsung Galaxy S5 has a slew of new video functions for its 16MP camera such as selective focus, panning, best photo, best erase,
- NFC - wireless payments can be made with the SG 5 but not the iPhone 6.
- Screen Material - the iPhone 6 may have super strong sapphire screen worth waiting for, the GS 5's screen is water and dust resistant.
- Expandable Storage - the GS 5 can handle a microSD card for up to 65GB, as with all Apple products there will not be expandable store on the iPhone 6.
- Processors - The Galaxy S5 has a 2.5GHz Quad core application processor and the iPhone 6 will probably have a faster processor with new bells and whistles.
- Heart Rate Sensor - the GS 5 has a heart rate sensor, we have not way of knowing if the iPhone 6 will have one, although health apps have been mentioned.
- Removable Battery - iPhone 6 no, Samsung Galaxy S5, yes.
We don't know, yet, if Apple will launch a smartwatch. The Samsung Galaxy Gear 5 can be paired with
- The Gear 2 has a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED (320 x 320), 1.0 GHz dual core processor, 2MP camera, plays audio/video, heart rate monitor, pedometer, sleep stress meter, exercise mode, runs Tizen and works with Samsung Galaxy devices only
- The Gear Fit is a wristband that is smaller than the Galaxy Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo with a portrait screen with a 1.84" screen with a 210mAh battery, Bluetooth, changeable strap, accelerometer, gyro and heart rate monitor. It works with Galaxy smartphones for incoming calls, emails, SMS alerts and apps.
If you really want a matching watch and its functionality, then the Galaxy S 5 is the way to go. If you think you may want the iPhone 6, if you wait until the fall, the price of the Samsung Galaxy 5 will probably be reduced between $50 and $100 which is what we have seen in previous years.
The Samsung Galaxy S 5 is rated five out of five stars on AT&T’s Eco-Rating system. The system rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices and was created to empower consumer choice around sustainability.
The Galaxy S5's global launch date is April 11.
Try out the Galaxy S5 Experience app