President Barack Obama's spokeskman has confirmed the new US president is keeping is BlackBerry for limited personal use and communication with senior staff.
president has a BlackBerry through a compromise that allows him to stay
in touch with senior staff and a small group of personal friends," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Thursday.
said the president will limit its use, and security has been enhanced
to ensure that Obama can communicate in a way that's secure.
"He believes that it's a way of keeping in touch with folks, a way of doing it outside of getting stuck in a bubble..." noted Gibbs.
Emails sent or received by the president will
be subject to the Presidential Records Act of 1978,
which requires that a record be kept of all White House communication.
We can just imagine what they'll say. We're wondering about MMS and if he will be sending photos of a dog to Sasha and Malea.
- Obama is Keeping His BlackBerry 1.
- BlackBerry Storm Links.
- CTIA Asks D.C. Visitors to Text and Wait.
- Wi-Fi on Inauguration Train.
- Vote on America’s Funniest Obama BlackBerry Ad.
- Obama Clings to His BlackBerry.
- Obama Only Human Named in Wireless and Mobile News Top Stories of 2008.
- Verizon Employees Hack Obama’s Cell Phone Records.
- Barack’s BlackBerry Comical Answer. Obama BlackBerry Comic.
- Obama’s BlackBerry Banned from White House?
- US Mobile phone web surfers are much more likely to support Democrat presidential
candidate Barack Obama.
- There is an Obama iPhone application.
- Nielsen Mobile reported that mobile media was slightly more popular with Democrats than Republicans, as of Q2 2008.
- Pew Research noticed that election polls are landline biased.
- Nielsen Mobile estimates that 2.9 million US mobile subscribers
received a text message from the Obama campaign announcing his running mate.
- The Obama website offers free ringtones.
- Obama won the Virgin Wireless election poll and the CTIA Wireless