U.S. Cellular is entering the Samsung Galaxy S cosmos with the Samsung Mesmerize on October 27. If you would like to compare it to other Samsung Galaxy S phones, it has all the same features of the Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S except for Bing search.
The Samsung Mesmerize features a 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen and a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application processor. It has a virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology. The Samsung Mesmerize also features a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder that records video in HD, MP3 player and 3.5 mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and expandable memory up to 32GB.
The All Share application allows customers to send video, audio and pictures to other DLNA-enabled devices, such as TVs and computers. The Mesmerize operates on the Android 2.1 platform, and U.S. Cellular customers can update to 2.2 ("Froyo") later this year.
The Samsung Mesmerize will retail for $199 after an $80 mail-in rebate and will be available Oct. 27 at U.S. Cellular locations and online.
The other Samsung Galaxy S phones have not received updates to Froyo yet. They have, however, received interim minor updates that fix "issues."
Samsung Electronics expects to sell up to 25 million smartphones by the close of 2010. They have already shipped 1 million Samsung Galaxy S phones to the United States.
- Galaxy S: Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) Review.
- Galaxy S: Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) Review.
- Galaxy S: Samsung Vibrant Review.
- Review of Reviews Samsung Captivate "Galaxy S" (AT&T).
- Samsung Galaxy S Phones Compared.
- Samsung Galaxy S News: Samsung Fascinate Will Google with Android 2.2 - How to Google Now.
- Samsung Galaxy S: Samsung Epic 4G has ANADIGIC AWT6264.
- Samsung Fascinate Goes On Sale Online 2Day, in Stores 2Morrow.