Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_process' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 184
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_custom_keywords' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 260
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_blank' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 563
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_nofollow' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 566
The London Olympic Games opened on Friday. Many people will be watching the games, keeping up with friends and playing their own Olympic games on mobile phones, smartphones and tablets. Olympic athletes will be using their Samsung Galaxy S III they received, while Team U.S.A are using free AT&T mobile devices. The Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note were featured in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
We've rounded up the top ten best Olympic apps and mobile websites available. Unfortunately, NBC has locked down the live streaming to those with subscriptions.
- NBC Olympics offers apps for the iPhone and for Android phones. To use Olympics Live Extra app for streaming video you have to be MSNBC or CNBC subscriber through cable, satellite or FiOS. Excellent information is available at the NBC Olympics mobile website.
- The the official London Olympic games website is optimized for massive amounts of traffic and mobile devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III is the official smartphone/mobile device of the Olympics and is offering free Olympic 3D games and apps.
- The Official London 2012 Join In app is a mobile guide to help you plan, enjoy and share your Games experience.Download the Official London 2012 Join In App available in Android, iPhone and BlackBerry.
- Official London 2012 Results App app offers all the latest news, schedules and results, allowing users to keep up-to-date with the latest action live across all Olympic sports and Paralympic sports.
- The Official London 2012 mobile game features nine Olympic games, including Archery, Double Trap Shooting, 110m Hurdles and Swimming, in authentic London 2012 venues. Easy to play but difficult to master. Users can design, train and improve their athlete just the way they want. There are three different modes: training mode, Olympic mode and Challenge mode. Download.
- The ESPN Mobile website offers: Complete Team USA roster, Olympics Index, Medal Tracker, Scoreboard and Schedule in a very mobile friendly format.
- Reuters Olympics London - Free for iPhone, iPad, photography-centered with event schedules, photo stream, and AirPlay to Apple TV.
- Team USA Road to London app is packed with resources, news, bios, athlete Twitter feeds and photo galleries. (Download iPhone/iPad, Android.
- BBC Olympics Free for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry - simple fast news, searchable and streaming videos for U.K. residents. (when hacked 4 U.S). See hack to download below.
Social Media Widgets & Zomph:
To herald the "Socialympics," Zoomph — a social media engagements and analytics tool launched by MetroStar Systems, Inc. — has created free, unique social media widgets for fans around the world. Featured widgets include ing a
- A heat map combining stats on countries' Twitter activity with a tally of medals won
- A noise-free stream of tweets from athletes, coaches and fans
- Interactive displays for broadcast on TVs and online.
PlayUp, the first social network app exclusively for sports fans, socializers and gamers, announced today the launch of PlayUp 3.1, becoming the first international fan engagement platform where Olympic fans worldwide can socialize over the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Fans across the globe can follow almost every competition that takes place throughout the duration of the Games, which commence on July 27 and run through August 12. iOS only.
Be careful when using Olympics apps because according to TrendMicro, "Pinterest has become the social media platform of choice among criminals; the top 5 social engineering lures being used across all social networking sites are: Diablo 3, Instagram Android, Angry Birds Space, London 2012 Olympics and Tibet."
This year's Olympic Games are more digital than ever because viewers can follow the events through their choice of device. According to survey results released in July by TechBargains.com 46 percent of viewers will watch on laptops, 39 percent on desktops, 31 percent on tablets, and 27 percent on smartphones.