Samsung has confirmed that on March 14 it will introduce the next Samsung Galaxy, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 (IV) at a special event in New York City. Samsung has protected most of the information surrounding this new super smartphone, however, we predict/know that Samsung will have some great things planned to the next generation of the best smartphone of 2012,.
Samsung announced that there have been 213 million Samsung smartphones sold globally and one in three smartphone buyers choose a Samsung smartphones. When the Samsung Galaxy S IV is announced, expect more compelling reasons to buy Samsung.
Specs Many Expect in the Samsung Galaxy S IV:
- Star Power - Some sort of major celebrities at the event. So far Samsung has hired LeBron James, Tim Burton, Paul Rudd and Seth Rogan and a slew of other celebrities to use its products. In fact Samsung was able to be the official device of the Olympics.
- More Power - Samsung has been gaining power in the market and also developing super fast processors. The first rumor was that the Samsung Galaxy S IV would have the Exynos 5 Octa (eight core) processor that was announced at CES. Other rumors suggest a 1.9 GHz Snapdragon 600 from NVIDIA.
- Full HD Screen Super AMOLED or not 1920x1080 pixel. Samsung was the first smartphone maker to incorporate Super AMOLED, new rumors suggest a SoLux 4.9" touchscreen.
- Thinner Body - the body could go from 8.6 mm to 7.7 mm thick.
- Multiple Storage Options - storage could be 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB.
- Protective Flip Case - Samsung has been promoting its cases for the Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note II. The cases protect the devices and also make them easier to hold and operate. We suspect that the next "Next Big Thing' will make a case for cases.
- Wireless Charging - wireless charging and 2600mAh battery has been predicted, since other top of the lines smart phones such as the Nexus 4 and Nokia Lumia 920 already have wireless charging, we suspect the SG S4 will have a wireless feature tool.
- Special Software - add the letter S to features such as S Beam, S Share, S Play and S Buy.
Other Suggested Rumors contend the SG S4 will feature an S Pen. One of the neatest features of the Samsung Galaxy Note and Note II is the S Pen which can do amazing things. Our editor was able to write an entire article on the Samsung Galaxy Note at the beach.
Samsung generally releases its latest Galaxy S models in May/June. Subsidized prices from carriers usually start at $199.99 for a 16GB device, Recently the price of the Samsung Galaxy S III dropped greatly to as low as a penny with contract.
If you remember the Samsung Galaxy S III, there were several dummy units and three different sets of engineers working on the project at the same time. There were few leaks but many predictions that made Samsung a front-runner in the market were true.