There have reports that another Droid smartphone the Droid Incredible will be getting the coveted update, the upgrade to Android 2.2. The Motorola Droid update is already rolling out as well as the HTC EVO 4G. Now there are reports that the Droid Incredible will start to get the update to Android 2.2 FroYo on August 18.
Usually Android smartphones with HTC Sense updates are slightly later than other Android phones becuase the HTC Sense has to be update too. FroYo Android 2.2 is
faster than previous versions of Android
(faster than iPad too) and has close to twenty
improvements that include
supporting Adobe Flash 10.1, MS support, and a uniifed inbox. ExchangeFroYo Android 2.2 offers multiple e-mail account
support, camera improvements, a better
browser, and a re-designed calendar. A major improvement is the
ability to store apps on the microSD card, allowing for more space for
apps as well as USB tethering to use the Android smartphone as a modem.
August 18 is also the ending date for the original Droid by Motorola update. The Droid X update was is suspected for September.
- Droid 2 Review of Reviews.
- HTC EVO 4G Review of Reviews.
- Top Best Droid X (Droid 2 Too?) Tips an' Tricks from VZW.
- Droid 2 Pre-Sale Information.
- Droid 2 Release Date August 12 - How/Why Get Droid 2ed.
- Droid by Motorola Update 2 Android 2.2 FroYo Does Without Tether & Wi-Fi Hotspots.
Droid Incredible vs Droid X.
Motorola Droid X.
Other Android Tips Articles:
Ten Best Ways to Save Android an' Droid Battery Life - Tips Review of
- Top Incredible,
EVO 4G and HTC Aria tips from HTC's Eric Lin.
- Best Top New User Tips for Droid Incredible from Wireless and Mobile News.
n' Droid Apps Page with Best Apps